BEST WESTERN Plus Seaway Inn
9475 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503-4227
Phone: 228/864-0050 | Fax: 228/864-0739 | 178 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Near the Gulfport Sportsplex, our Gulfport hotel is conveniently located near all of the area's top attractions, and it's a breeze to catch a game.
Hotels in Gulfport Mississippi know that location is important. Spend a day of excitement at the Gulf Islands Water Park, or enjoy a favorite game at the nearby sports complex. At our Gulfport hotel, guests take advantage of a great location and being close to all the action. The Premium Outlets Mall is an adventure of its own, full of great deals and savings. Some of our guests come to the area for the shopping alone, and our friendly staff members are happy to provide recommendations on the best places to shop dine and sightsee.
Right off I-10, Exit 34A, our Gulfport hotel is known for providing guests with the ideal location to easily get around the area. Whether you're here for business and need a quick commute, or simply want to be close to all of the attractions, we're your home away from home. Luxury bedding, quiet spacious rooms, and a superior location are what make us a favorite.
The Water Park and Sportsplex are close, and casinos are also a viable option. Just a short drive away, guests who want to visit the games and enjoy the entertainment offered at the casino can do so easily. We welcome guests at our Gulfport hotel who are here for special events, passing through on road trips, or here for the unbeatable shopping.
Business travelers also regularly stay at our Gulfport hotel, and we understand how important a cool, quiet space is while taking care of work. Some of our guests include employees of the Mississippi Port Authority and various golfing courses and companies within the area. Service men and women with the Kessler Air Force and NCBC Navy are also regular guests here. Whether you're here to work or play, you deserve a hotel that puts guests first.
Book a room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaway Inn for an affordable rate!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Outdoor pool, huge pool in courtyard setting.
- Hot tub
- Cocktail lounge
- Guest laundry 24 hours
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 24 hours Shuttle Service only to and from Biloxi/Gulfport International Airport.
- Free parking
- Photocopy services
- Elevator, one elevator goes to both floors
- Exterior corridor
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking, Large truck parking area
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Dry cleaning
- Complimentary USA Today available during breakfast
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Laundromat, 24 hours, $2.00 fee
- Children's activities Pool, Hot Tub
BEST WESTERN Plus Seaway Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus seaway inn in Gulfport.
BEST WESTERN Plus Seaway Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus seaway inn in Gulfport, Mississippi is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.425665 / Latitude: -89.093215
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 10. Take Exit 34A (Highway 49) to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaway Inn. The hotel is located South of I-10 in Gulfport on Highway 49.
BEST WESTERN Plus Seaway Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Gulf Islands National Seashore
Coastal Mississippi boasts of sandy beaches and recreational opportunities on the mainland, as well as on its two off-shore islands in the Gulf of Mexico.
The two barrier islands, named East Ship Island and West Ship Island, are collectively named Ship Island – and managed by the National Park Service. These beautiful islands are included in the Gulf Islands National Seashore – extending to the Florida coastline.
Bring your fishing pole to fish for a variety of fish, crabs, and shrimp. Launch your boat for some fun on the water, or lace up your hiking boots for a stroll along the nature trails.
Established in 1972, the Gulfport Dragway is a 1/4-mile track near Gulfport on the southern Mississippi coast. Mississippi race fans flock to this track each week for exciting 1/4-mile and 1/8-mile drag races. At the Gulfport Dragway, trucks, cars, and motorcycles are allowed for Bucket Race competitions.
Races are held all year long, including Jet Funny Cars, Ford vs. Chevy races, Battle Drags, King of the Hill, and Nostalgic Hot Rod Classics. The track's annual Memorial Day Blowout Bike Show is a fun, adult-style celebration with live entertainment and competitions.
Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport
Originally the Gulfport Army Airfield, the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT) was established in 1942 by the United States Army Air Forces.
GPT served as a training location for B-25 and B-29 crews for World War II. In 1953, a Combat Readiness Training Center was built on airport property, that is still used to train over 20,000 Air Guard and Reserve crew. The airport began commercial flights in the 1950s.
Today, GPT is operated by the Gulfport–Biloxi Regional Airport Authority, and supoprts a passenger service of over 2.5 million travelers each year.
Discover a place where learning is fun, along the southern Mississippi coast. Visit the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, located in the 1915 Mississippi City Elementary School in Gulfport. Rose Alman and Carole Lynn Meadows established the center in 1991, in honor of Carole's daughter, Lynn Meadows.
Since its opening, the Discovery Center made the addition of the WINGS Performing Arts & Education Center. Kids love playing in the many exhibits, including: "Kids Street," "What It's Like To Be Me," "The Super Colossal Climbing Sculpture," and "A Matter of Science."
One of many coastal courses, the Pine Bayou Golf Course serves Gulfport golfers who enjoy this 18-hole regulation green in southern Mississippi. The course was opened in 1980, and has been delighting golfers of all skill levels ever since.
The course features a driving range as well as indoor practice facility, so novice golfers can solidify their swing and perfect their putt. What’s more, guests are also treated to food and beverages available in the clubhouse on top of the PGA-approved, world-class golf course.
A free summer music festival, the Roots Music Concert in the Courtyard is an annual outdoor festivity with a focus on live music. The concert is set in the city of Pass Christian in southern Mississippi, just west of Gulfport and Biloxi, and right on the Gulf of Mexico.
Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and refreshments to Pass Christian City Courtyard for the Roots Music Concert series – headlining a different local and heritage-driven band each year.
Founded in 1919, the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus is located along the southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Set in Long Beach near Gulfport, Southern Miss Gulf Coast offers undergraduate and graduate degrees across six colleges.
Formerly the Gulf Park College for Women, the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park also features the Beach View Café and the famed Friendship Oak – said to date back to 1487.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Prime Outlets Gulfport, Nike, Banana Republic, Polo, Reebok, Bass, Big Dog, Geoffrey Beene and Lee/Wrangler
- 2 mile(s) from Golf, Many great golf courses in the area
- 2 mile(s) from Industrial Seaway, City center
- 2 mile(s) from City Center, Lots of great shops, attractions and museums
- 2 mile(s) from Gulf Islands Water Park, Family fun center with large water slides.
- 3 mile(s) from Sandy Beach, Deep sea fishing
- 3.5 mile(s) from Casinos, Gulfport-Island View Casino,Biloxi-five casinos approximatly 15 to 20 minutes East
- 4 mile(s) from Mardi Gras, Parades in Gulfport and Biloxi. New Orleans is 70 miles West.
- 4 mile(s) from Gulfport Sportsplex, Baseball and Soccer Fields
- 5 mile(s) from Ships Island, Yacht cruise great for sightseeing and relaxing. See Civil War relics and see the dolphins on the trip.
- 70 mile(s) from Jazz Fest, Great jazz and blues music.
- 1 mile(s) from Prime Outlets, over 50 outlet shops
- 1 mile(s) from Walmart, Wal-Mart and number businesses off of Hwy 49
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- Adjacent to Hooters, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Wendys, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from McDonalds, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Subway, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.5 mile(s) from Arbys, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.5 mile(s) from McAllisters, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chilis, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hibachi Express, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Logans, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from TGI Fridays, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from O'Charleys, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Plus Seaway Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Gulfport. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
22nd Annual Carl Legett Memorial Fishing Tournament
One of Biloxi’s premier summer events is all about that bass. Head for the Point Cadet Marina from August 5th through 7th for the 22nd Annual Carl Legett Memorial Fishing Tournament. There’ll be prizes for biggest catch, and after the fishing’s done, a live performance from Gary Jeno and the Crawlers.
2016 Harrison County Fair
The Harrison County Fairgrounds is the place to be in southern Mississippi. Visit Gulfport from September 7th through 11th for this year’s Harrison County Fair. Along with free admission, you’ll find a bevy of excellent rides, games, food vendors, music and more. It all takes place at the Harrison County Fairgrounds.
Southern Mississippi Eagles vs. Marshall Thundering Herd
It’ll be a college football adventure during your next visit to southern MS. Head into Ellisville or Laurel, two nearby cities, on October 29th when the Southern Miss. Eagles take on the Marshall Thundering Herd. M.M. Roberts Stadium is home to all things Southern MS football.
2016 Stone County BBQ & Blues at Blaylock Park
Savor the best from local pit masters this fall in Wiggins. On October 15th, head for the 2016 Stone County BBQ & Blues at Blaylock Park event, where you’ll be treated to some fall-off-the-bone BBQ, excellent live music, games, and more. Blaylock Park is in downtown Wiggins, and the event is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
5th Annual Empty Bowls Hattiesburg
Make your way to Main Street Books in Hattiesburg this fall for the 5th Annual Empty Bowls Hattiesburg event. Benefiting local charities and food pantries, this Empty Bowl event also celebrates local artists – arrive at 10:30 a.m. on October 22nd, choose your handcrafted bowl, enjoy a pleasant, if not simple, meal, and know your contributions are helping to make a difference.
Charlie Daniels – Live! Enjoy a night of high-level, classic country fidlin’! It’s Charlie Daniels live in concert in Biloxi. Head to the IP Casino on October 14th starting at 8 p.m. and catch this living legend doing what he does best – fiddle! Tickets on sale now, $30 to $49.
Rick Springfield – Live!
The classic rock icons keep rolling into town this fall. Head for the Hard Rock in Biloxi on November 4th for your chance to see the legendary Rick Springfield live on stage. The show starts at 8 p.m., and tickets are on sale now – $29 to $69.
2017 Pine Hill Festival
It’s time to “smell the roses” as goes the popular saying. Winter yields to spring’s rejuvenation in Wiggins, and you can experience it all at the 2017 Pine Hill Festival. Over the weekend of March 17th and 18th, downtown Wiggins is transformed into an open market with live music, games, a classic car show, and even a 5K run.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean