BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites
3158 N Gloster Street, Tupelo, MS 38804
Phone: 662/847-0300 | Fax: 662/847-0301 | 72 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Be our guest at the award winning BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites. Our hotel is a 100% smoke-free facility and is conveniently located within walking distance to a number of restaurants for you to enjoy, including Chili's, Olive Garden, and Kyoto Japanese Grill.
Shopping is just a minute away at the Mall at Barnes Crossing, or enjoy a night out at the movies, with the Malco 10 Cinema also within walking distance.
The hotel's location allows for easy access to the Elvis Presley Birthplace, Chapel & Museum. See where Elvis bought his first guitar at Tupelo Hardware, among the many historical sites in downtown Tupelo.
You may also want to visit the Tupelo Buffalo Park & Zoo and Tupelo Automobile Museum, or catch an exciting show at the BancorpSouth Arena and Lyric Theatre.
Whether you're visiting Tupelo for business or pleasure, our hotel's prime features will satisfy your every need. We offer complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, a heated indoor saltwater pool, on-site business center, outdoor patio with full-sized grill, fitness center and laundry facilities. Microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers are in all guest rooms, for your convenience.
Be sure to start your morning with our satisfying complimentary hot breakfast, then end your day at our evening Manager's Reception (Monday through Thursday), which includes complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers.
We look forward to welcoming you as our guest! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, muffins, bagels, biscuits with sausage gravy, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, hot eggs, boiled eggs, hot breakfast meat, fresh waffles, yogurt, sticky rice, seaweed, miso soup, assorted juices, coffee, tea and milk.
- Indoor pool Heated Saltwater pool
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry facility, available for a nominal fee of $2.00
- Dry cleaning
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, fees may apply
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, copy, fax and computer services available.
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Conference services
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Evening reception Monday through Thursday 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Complimentary motor coach parking
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus tupelo inn & suites in Tupelo.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus tupelo inn & suites in Tupelo, Mississippi is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 34.299265 / Latitude: -88.706735
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Memphis. Take US-78 East/I-22 East. Take Exit 86A onto US-45 South. Take the McCullough Boulevard Exit then north on Gloster Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites will be on the left.
From: Birmingham. Take US-78 West/I-22 West. Take Exit 86B onto US-45 North. Take the Barnes Crossing Road Exit, turn left on Barnes Crossing Road, then left on North Gloster Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites will be on the left.
From: North. From US-45 South, take the Barnes Crossing Road Exit. Turn left on Barnes Crossing Road, then left on North Gloster Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites will be on the left.
From: South. From US-45 North, Exit Barnes Crossing Road and turn left, then turn left again on North Gloster Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites will be on the left.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Elvis Presley Birthplace
Constructed in 1934, the Elvis Presley Birthplace in Tupelo is where the rock 'n' roll music legend began his life. Elvis' father and uncles built the home before The King was born on January 8, 1935.
Tour the two-room shotgun home and see the hammer used during its construction in northern Mississippi.
Stroll through the memorial garden to see the Walk of Life, the 42 granite blocks representing each year of his life and the Story Wall on the birthplace grounds.
Attend a presentation of a worship service, in the Assembly of Life Church, where Elvis was first musically inspired. Enjoy a drive along the Early Years Driving Tour, featuring sites throughout Tupelo. Be sure to look for the hardware store where Elvis' mother purchased his first guitar.
Established in 1982, the GumTree Museum of Art is a public art gallery set in northern Mississippi in the city of Tupelo. Formerly the Tupelo Artist Guild, Inc., the GumTree is set in downtown Tupelo in the former Peoples Bank & Trust Company building – listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The GumTree Museum of Art hosts annual events like the Gumtree Festival, the Gumball, and the Blue Tie Affair: An Evening of the Finest – plus art camps and educational programs.
Yielding generous views of the Tennessee River in northern Mississippi, J.P. Coleman State Park is an ideal destination when you're seeking outdoor recreation. Named for the former governor of Mississippi, James P. Coleman, the J.P. Coleman State Park is accessible from the nearby cities of Ripley and Tupelo. Be sure to enjoy the fruits of Pickwick Lake – fishing, swimming, and boating chances are abundant.
Lake Pickwick features a massive 47,500 acres of surface area, ideal for fishing and water sports. You'll land an impressive haul of walleye, bass, catfish, and even crappie. You can play miniature golf, devour a tasty picnic style lunch, or, during the summer, head for the 15x60 foot pool. Travel into Luka and discover all the outdoor fun you can handle at J.P. Coleman State Park.
Spread throughout northern and central regions of the state, the Mississippi Hills National Heritage Area was created in 2009 to preserve the vast cultural landscape present in the area. The heritage area covers 19 different counties and reaches part of 11 others as well.
Found across cities like Columbus, Tupelo, Olive Branch, and more, the Mississippi National Heritage Area houses some of the state’s best cultural and historic attractions. Visitors enjoy the African-American Heritage Driving Tour, the Crossroads Museum, Elvis and Priscilla Presley’s Honeymoon Cottage in Horn Lake, and more.
The course is boastfully affordable and features on-site food and beverage concourses. Take advantage of the putting green, rental clubs, and pull carts available for your convenience and enjoyment.
Drive in from nearby Tupelo and check out a state park rooted in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, and where Paleo Indians once inhabited. Tishomingo State Park is named for Chief Tishomingo, leader of the Chickasaw Nation.
A centerpiece of activity at Tishomingo State Park is Haynes Lake. Yielding healthy bounties of bass, catfish, and bream, Haynes Lake is a top destination for local anglers and boaters. Be sure to have your Mississippi state fishing license before you try to land a record-setter.
There's a course to play Disc Golf, a variety of picnic areas, 13 miles of hiking trails guiding you along side and across Bear Creek, and boat launching areas if you're traveling with yours.
Found along Mississippi Highway 6, Tombigbee State Park is set just south of Tupelo near the Tombigbee River. Located in northern Mississippi, this state park encompasses Lake Wilhelmina, as well as Tombigbee State Park Historic District – listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Popular activities in Tombigbee State Park include hiking, biking and disc golf, as well as water recreation like boating and fishing. For a fun nearby attraction, take a quick trip to the birthplace of Elvis Presley.
A sterling example of the state parks in northern Mississippi, Trace State Park is set just west of Tupelo. The former home of Davy Crockett is a popular destination at any time of the year, and yields Trace Lake, the Old Warrior Run Disc Golf Course, and the playground for the kids.
Enjoy your time at Trace State Park with a hike or nature walk around the Trace State Park Nature Trail. There are 35 miles of ORV trails perfect for your ATV or motorcycle. You'll enjoy a nice trot around Trace State Park on horseback – just look for any of the equestrian trails.
At 565 acres of surface area, Trace Lake is a popular fishing destination, yielding hauls of bluegill, crappie, and catfish. You'll be able to fish from the shore or launch your boat out onto Trace Lake.
Established in 2002, the Tupelo Automobile Museum is set in northern Mississippi in downtown Tupelo. Open daily, the museum features 120,000 square feet of antique, rare, and even celebrity vehicles dating back to 1886 – totaling over 100 cars.
Founded by Frank Spain, the Tupelo Automobile Museum features rare vehicles like a 1916 Owen Magnetic, a 1920 Cord L-29, and a 1929 Duesenberg Model J. The museum also features a Kid’s Garage, private group tours, and museum events.
Elvis Pet Parade & Pageant
Located in northern Mississippi, the Tupelo Elvis Festival is a four-day festival happening at the beginning of the summer.
Don’t miss festival events like parades, 5K run, and carnival, plus disc golf, a movie poster exhibit, and beauty pageants.
Head to Tupelo venues like Fairpark and Historic Lyric Theatre for live music and the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist competition.
Tupelo National Battlefield
Established in 1929, the Tupelo National Battlefield commemorates the Battle of Tupelo, fought on July 14 and 15, 1864.
The battle was the last time General Nathan Bedford Forrest's cavalry corps fought Union infantry during the Civil War.
Stop by the Natchez Trace Parkway Visitor Center to view the literature and information about battle and the 20,000 troops involved.
The Tupelo Regional Airport, located west of Tupelo, has offered aviation services to northern Mississippi travelers for over 65 years. Throughout the years, there have been many improvements to the runway, lighting system, taxiways, parking lot and control tower.
With an additional T-hangar, general aviation pilots have more room to park their planes. Once the terminal building was completed in 1986, commercial airline service became available with Northwest Airlines.
The airport remains an important operation for business, general and commercial aviation in Northeast Mississippi. Tupelo Aviation Unlimited, located at the airport, also provides flight lessons for those ready to become pilots.
Paul B. Johnson Commons
A public research institution, the University of Mississippi was founded in 1848 in northern Mississippi in the city of Oxford.
Covering over 2,000 acres, the Ole Miss has an enrollment of over 21,000 students – making it Mississippi’s largest university.
The University of Mississippi also offers campuses in Booneville, Grenada, Tupelo, and Southaven – plus the University of Mississippi Field Station in Abbeville and the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Ole Miss is also home to the Lyceum and Circle Historic District, the Civil Rights Monument, and Ole Miss Rebels athletics.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Natchez Trace Parkway, scenic parkway
- 4.00 mile(s) from Tupelo National Battlefield
- 4.00 mile(s) from Healthworks! Kids Museum, interactive children's museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from BancorpSouth Arena, convention center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Tupelo Buffalo Park & Zoo, petting zoo & playground
- 5.00 mile(s) from Elvis Presley Birthplace, and museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from Tupelo Automobile Museum, antique automobile museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from National Fish Hatchery, scenic outdoor facility used by the Wildlife Service to restock native fish
- 5.00 mile(s) from Oren Dunn City Museum, Tupelo & Northeastern Mississippi historical outdoor village museum, includes Tupelo Veterans Museum
- 12.00 mile(s) from Tombigbee State Park
- 1.00 mile(s) from Barnes Crossing Mall, retail stores, including but not limited to Barnes & Noble, Coldwater Creek, Dick's Sporting Goods, Charlotte Russe, GAP, GAP Kids, Belk, JCPenney, Sears, American Eagle, Reed's,
- 1.00 mile(s) from WalMart®, and Sam's Club,
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 90.00 mile(s) from Memphis, TN
- 120 mile(s) from Birmingham, AL
- 195 mile(s) from Nashville, TN
- 0.20 mile(s) from Lowe's, home improvement supplier
- 1.00 mile(s) from WalMart®, retail outlet
- 5.00 mile(s) from North MS Medical Center
- 6.00 mile(s) from BancorpSouth, Financial Services
- 8.00 mile(s) from JESCO Incorporated
- 8.00 mile(s) from Cooper Tire Company, rubber products manufacturer
- 10.00 mile(s) from Lane Furniture, manufacturer
- 15.00 mile(s) from Toyota Motor Company, automobiles
- 20.00 mile(s) from Itawamba Community College, campus locations in Fulton and Tupelo
- 50.00 mile(s) from Ole Miss University
- 66.00 mile(s) from Mississippi State University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.70 mile(s) from Rob Leake City Park, 450,000 gallon year-round pool, 11 lighted tennis courts
- 2.70 mile(s) from C.C. Augustus, 85,000 gallon swimming pool, recreation/meeting facility, two playgrounds
- 2.70 mile(s) from Bel-Air Golf Course, nine hole golf course, senior recreation facility and club house
- 3.10 mile(s) from Gumtree Park, eight outdoor courts, two football fields, pavilion, three picnic tables, playground, 1/2 mile trail
- 3.60 mile(s) from Sportsplex, nine baseball fields, pavilion, concession stand, picnic area, 1/2 mile cross country course
- 6.60 mile(s) from Elvis Presley Park, softball field, playground, .5 acre fishing lake with boardwalk
- 6.70 mile(s) from Ballard Park, three acre lake, amphitheater, two pavilions, stage, three restroom facilities, skate park, disc golf course, two playgrounds, 1.3 mile trail, and life trail system, 20 picnic tables, two sand volleyball courts, Oren Dunn Museum
- 6.70 mile(s) from Veterans Park, pavilion, restroom facility, playground, 1/4 mile trail, life trail fitness system, disc golf course, four field complex with support facilities, splashpad, sand volleyball court, and Veterans Memorial.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Tombigbee Park, Barbeque, baseball, boat launch, cabins, disc golf, fishing hiking, running, pavilion, play ground, showers, soccer, volleyball
- Adjacent to Chili's Bar & Grill, full service, Tex-Mex, open for: lunch, dinner, convenient pathway from hotel entrance to Chili's.
- Adjacent to Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Abner's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, famous chicken tenders
- Adjacent to Kyoto, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, Japanese hibachi steak & sushi
- Adjacent to Wendy's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from The Blue Canoe, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, local, blues bar/restaurant with lunch specials and live music.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Vanelli's, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, local Italian & Greek restaurant with bar & lounge
- 1.00 mile(s) from Las Margaritas, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from IHOP, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tupelo Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Tupelo. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey: Super Circus Heroes
All the high-flying, death-defying stunts and unbelievable animal performances of "the Greatest Show on Earth" come to the Landers Center (formerly DeSoto Civic Center) in Southaven. The fun starts at 7 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean