Best Western Seaway Inn
9475 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503-4227
Phone: 228/864-0050 | Fax: 228/864-0739 | 178 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Near the Gulfport Sportsplex, our Gulfport hotel is conveniently located near all of the area's top attractions, and it's a breeze to catch a game.
Hotels in Gulfport Mississippi know that location is important. Spend a day of excitement at the Gulf Islands Water Park, or enjoy a favorite game at the nearby sports complex. At our Gulfport hotel, guests take advantage of a great location and being close to all the action. The Premium Outlets Mall is an adventure of its own, full of great deals and savings. Some of our guests come to the area for the shopping alone, and our friendly staff members are happy to provide recommendations on the best places to shop dine and sightsee.
Right off I-10, Exit 34A, our Gulfport hotel is known for providing guests with the ideal location to easily get around the area. Whether you're here for business and need a quick commute, or simply want to be close to all of the attractions, we're your home away from home. Luxury bedding, quiet spacious rooms, and a superior location are what make us a favorite.
The Water Park and Sportsplex are close, and casinos are also a viable option. Just a short drive away, guests who want to visit the games and enjoy the entertainment offered at the casino can do so easily. We welcome guests at our Gulfport hotel who are here for special events, passing through on road trips, or here for the unbeatable shopping.
Business travelers also regularly stay at our Gulfport hotel, and we understand how important a cool, quiet space is while taking care of work. Some of our guests include employees of the Mississippi Port Authority and various golfing courses and companies within the area. Service men and women with the Kessler Air Force and NCBC Navy are also regular guests here. Whether you're here to work or play, you deserve a hotel that puts guests first.
Book a room at Best Western Seaway Inn for an affordable rate!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, assorted cereals, fresh fruit, eggs, hot breakfast meat, waffles, yogurt, juice and coffee
- Hot tub
- Guest laundry 24 hours
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 24 hours Shuttle Service only to and from Biloxi/Gulfport International Airport.
- Free parking
- Photocopy services
- Elevator, one elevator goes to both floors
- Exterior corridor
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking, Large truck parking area
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, 24 hours, $2.00 fee
- Children's activities Pool, Hot Tub
- Audio/visual equipment
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Same day dry cleaning service
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper available in hotel lobby
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet
- Guest coin-operated laundry facility
Best Western Seaway Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western seaway inn in Gulfport.
Best Western Seaway Inn
Conveniently located, the best western seaway inn in Gulfport, Mississippi is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.425665 / Latitude: -89.093215
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 10. Take Exit 34A (Highway 49) to the Best Western Seaway Inn. The hotel is located South of I-10 in Gulfport on Highway 49.
Best Western Seaway Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Coastal Mississippi is a popular destination for travelers looking for aquatic adventures and fun at state parks. Found just inland of the Mississippi Sound, Waveland is a charming city and home of the Buccaneer State Park.
What proves to be a popular summer destination, Buccaneer State Park seemingly bounces with activity, largely due in part to the Buccaneer Bay Waterpark. Head west along I-10 from Gulfport or Biloxi and check out Buccaneer State Park.
Southern Mississippi is an ideal destination and nearly any time of the year – Buccaneer State Park is a large reason why. There's a playground to keep the kids occupied for a bit, and the Pirate's Alley Nature Trail is a nearly two-mile long hiking and walking trail, perfect for bird watching. Be sure to check out Jackson's Ridge Dick Golf course, an 18-hole course yielding almost perfect views of the Gulf of Mexico.
Gulf Islands National Seashore
Coastal Mississippi boasts of sandy beaches and recreational opportunities on the mainland, as well as on its two off-shore islands in the Gulf of Mexico.
The two barrier islands, named East Ship Island and West Ship Island, are collectively named Ship Island – and managed by the National Park Service. These beautiful islands are included in the Gulf Islands National Seashore – extending to the Florida coastline.
Bring your fishing pole to fish for a variety of fish, crabs, and shrimp. Launch your boat for some fun on the water, or lace up your hiking boots for a stroll along the nature trails.
The most popular stretch of the largest man-made beach in the world is located in Gulfport, along Mississippi's Gulf Coast. Especially active in the summer, Gulfport Beach's sands are lined with vendors offering everything from boat and jetski rentals to parasailing adventures.
To the immediate north of the water, there's much to explore in the way of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Check the schedule during your visit – the beach and its surrounding area a known to host a variety of popular special events throughout the year.
Established in 1972, the Gulfport Dragway is a 1/4-mile track near Gulfport on the southern Mississippi coast. Mississippi race fans flock to this track each week for exciting 1/4-mile and 1/8-mile drag races. At the Gulfport Dragway, trucks, cars, and motorcycles are allowed for Bucket Race competitions.
Races are held all year long, including Jet Funny Cars, Ford vs. Chevy races, Battle Drags, King of the Hill, and Nostalgic Hot Rod Classics. The track's annual Memorial Day Blowout Bike Show is a fun, adult-style celebration with live entertainment and competitions.
Located just off of Interstate 10, the Gulfport Premium Outlets are a top choice for retail among Gulfport shoppers. The outdoor mall is home to more than 70 stores and outlets, including Banana Republic and Polo Ralph Lauren.
Open seven days a week, the outlets also feature an outdoor food court with a diverse lineup of dining options, including PJ’s Coffee, Asian Jump, and Fresh Villa Italian Kitchen. Other amenities include a kids’ play area and VIP Shopper Club.
Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport
Originally the Gulfport Army Airfield, the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT) was established in 1942 by the United States Army Air Forces.
GPT served as a training location for B-25 and B-29 crews for World War II. In 1953, a Combat Readiness Training Center was built on airport property, that is still used to train over 20,000 Air Guard and Reserve crew. The airport began commercial flights in the 1950s.
Today, GPT is operated by the Gulfport–Biloxi Regional Airport Authority, and supoprts a passenger service of over 2.5 million travelers each year.
Established in 1984, the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies is a non-profit group dedicated to education and protection of marine mammals across the globe. The institute is primarily located in Gulfport in southern Mississippi.
Institute visitors can expect a variety of education and interactive displays at the museum, including touch tanks and aquariums – maybe even dolphin interactions. The museum works with several of the state’s universities.
Located on the Beauvoir Historic Site, Jefferson Presidential Library in Biloxi is the actual library used by Confederate President Jefferson Davis during the Civil War. The library is found in Biloxi right off the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
The museum is chock-full of authentic documents, books, paperwork, records, and other unique artifacts from the mid 19th century. Visitors of nearby Gulfport can make the short journey into town and immerse themselves in unique history.
Discover a place where learning is fun, along the southern Mississippi coast. Visit the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, located in the 1915 Mississippi City Elementary School in Gulfport. Rose Alman and Carole Lynn Meadows established the center in 1991, in honor of Carole's daughter, Lynn Meadows.
Since its opening, the Discovery Center made the addition of the WINGS Performing Arts & Education Center. Kids love playing in the many exhibits, including: "Kids Street," "What It's Like To Be Me," "The Super Colossal Climbing Sculpture," and "A Matter of Science."
Opened in 1986, the Maritime Seafood Industry Museum is a maritime museum located in the Mississippi Gulf Coast city of Biloxi. The museum commemorates Biloxi’s seafood and fishing industry through a variety of interpretive exhibits.
Although the museum was greatly damaged by Hurricane Katrina, it was rebuilt in 2014 and has been in full operation since. Check out the museum’s Glenn L. Swetman and Mike Sekul schooners at the Schooner Pier Complex.
One of many coastal courses, the Pine Bayou Golf Course serves Gulfport golfers who enjoy this 18-hole regulation green in southern Mississippi. The course was opened in 1980, and has been delighting golfers of all skill levels ever since.
The course features a driving range as well as indoor practice facility, so novice golfers can solidify their swing and perfect their putt. What’s more, guests are also treated to food and beverages available in the clubhouse on top of the PGA-approved, world-class golf course.
A free summer music festival, the Roots Music Concert in the Courtyard is an annual outdoor festivity with a focus on live music. The concert is set in the city of Pass Christian in southern Mississippi, just west of Gulfport and Biloxi, and right on the Gulf of Mexico.
Attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and refreshments to Pass Christian City Courtyard for the Roots Music Concert series – headlining a different local and heritage-driven band each year.
Founded in 1919, the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus is located along the southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Set in Long Beach near Gulfport, Southern Miss Gulf Coast offers undergraduate and graduate degrees across six colleges.
Formerly the Gulf Park College for Women, the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park also features the Beach View Café and the famed Friendship Oak – said to date back to 1487.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Prime Outlets Gulfport, Nike, Banana Republic, Polo, Coach, JCrew, Bass, Michael Kors, American Eagle, and much more are within walking distance from the hotel.
- 2 mile(s) from Golf, Many great golf courses in the area
- 2 mile(s) from Downtown Gulfport, Downtown Gulfport has many local restaurants such as Half Shell Oyster House and bars.
- 5 mile(s) from Island View Casino, Enjoy Gulfport's only casino that is located on the beach, south of 49. The casino offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from their casino from the hotel.
- 2 mile(s) from Gulf Islands Water Park, Enjoy a fun filled day at the Gulf Islands Waterpark. The park features a large wave pool, several slides and much more. Tickets can be purchased at our hotel front desk.
- 5 mile(s) from Gulf Coast Sandy Beaches, Enjoy deep sea fishing, kayaking, or just getting a tan on the largest man made beach in American.
- 1.6 mile(s) from Crossroad Shopping Center, Short drive to the Movie Theater, Pier One, Belk, Barnes and Noble, Cracker Barrel and much more.
- 4 mile(s) from Mardi Gras, Parades in Gulfport and Biloxi. New Orleans is 70 miles West.
- 3.0 mile(s) from Gulfport Sportsplex, Tournaments such as Baseball, Softball, and Soccer are held throughout the year at this state of the art facility. Our hotel is a preferred hotel to many of the sports teams in the area.
- 5 mile(s) from Ship Island Excursion, Enjoy a boat trip to one of the most scenic Gulf Coast Barrier Islands with Ship Island Excursions. Guest will enjoy a beautiful sunny skies, sparkling with sandy beaches and the historic Fort Massachusetts. Tickets can be purchased at the hotel front desk. Visit the Ship Island Excursion website for more information
- 1 mile(s) from Prime Outlets, over 50 outlet shops
- 1 mile(s) from Walmart, Wal-Mart and number businesses off of Hwy 49
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Hot tub
- Adjacent to Hooters, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Wendys, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from McDonalds, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Subway, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.5 mile(s) from Arbys, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.5 mile(s) from McAllisters, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chilis, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Cracker Barrel, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hibachi Express, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Logans, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from TGI Fridays, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from O'Charleys, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
Best Western Seaway Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Gulfport. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean